Contesting

Hi folks,

 I've now been to my first ever regional contest at Stevenage
and I have a couple of questions about how it all works.

 We came joint 11th in the 4th section with 172 points, I assume
this is out of 200. How are these points awarded?

 As the chap was reading out the results for the top 6 places
he stated for each of the bands that came first, second and
third that they would be considered for an invitation to the
national finals. So these bands are not automatically put into
the national finals, they are only considered. Who considers them
and under what circumstances would they not be invited?

 Congratulations to all those bands who did well at Stevenage.

Cheers, Greg.