Re: Contesting

In a message dated 15/03/99 22:47:36 GMT Standard Time, gregw@xxxxxxx writes:

<<
  We came joint 11th in the 4th section with 172 points, I assume
 this is out of 200. How are these points awarded?

firstly well done   secondly how are points worked out?  who knows

IMHO points are only really useful as a guide to how the adjudicator rated the
first 3 or 4 bands  ie 190+  band very good  180+ band good 170+ band ok  etc.

i must however point out that this only relates to the first few bands and not
to the other (minor) placing as the trend at the moment is to descend in one
point intervals hence meaningless points for the lower placed bands  and this
is why i believe that points should be given only to the top 20% in a contest

bet that opens a can on worms :-))

John Davis
MD The Riddings Band
Hon Sec Number 3 area NABBC