RE: L & S C Areas

> Congrats to all bands who qualified for the finals yesterday (which we
> didn't and after our first note in Main Street yesterday were never
> going to come anywhere! Oh well.......................) - a thoroughly
> enjoyable day.

You still came higher up the results than we did:-(!!! The only
surprise was that we beat anybody at all!! The band had an "off-day"
- at least, that's our story and we're sticking to it!!!!

> What did people think of the Stevenage venue? I thought it was quite
> good - although we were rather lucky with the third section being put in
> the Theatre!

I thought the Stevenage venue was good as a stop-gap, although having
talked to an official it appears that it will probably become
permanent. The facilities were quite good I thought, but the lack of
warm-up facilities on site is a distinct minus point!! I also didn't
think that the stage in the theatre was the ideal place to play as it
was extremely dead accoustically and many players felt rather
"lonely", not being able to hear anybody else properly. It was great
from the audience point of view though - the brass band sound came
across well into the auditorium.
I suppose that from a performance point of view we've been spoilt
over the last few years by Basildon which (IMHO) was  a particularly
nice place to perform!
I'd be interested to know what other bands thought though -
particularly those that were rather more successful than us!!
Congrats to everyone who got throught to the nationals.
Dave