N.W Area Results

Nothing too exciting to report from the Area I'm afraid, Monkey. There was a
distinct lack of good gossip.( well, gossip that can be written down for
public viewing, anyway.)

Everyone I spoke to agreed with the first four placings, which were no
shock, although everyone had them in different orders.
Goff said that he couldn't decide who to put first out of the first two
(Fodens and Leyland), so he went in the end for the best trombone section!
( Was that Dick we heard shouting "Come back Monkey. All is forgiven!"?)
He also said that he thought adjudicators should be able to record their
comments onto tape, instead of scribbling them down as the band is playing,
and missing half the performance.

The main thing about this years area seems to be this new phrase about
winning bands only being considered for a place in the finals. The
announcers made a big thing about it every time they read out any results.
What's it all about? Anybody know? Maybe it's something to do with covering
their backs, due to the recent court cases.

Only other interesting thing was that Dave King and Baldrick could be seen
playing for Flixton in the First Section. It was actually worth going just
to see that!

Lise