STEVENAGE-COMMENTS ON VENUE

I think Basildon was the best venue I have played in for an Area contest but Stevenage was OK.

Plus points:
A much friendlier atmosphere than usual.
The timings worked.
Facilities were quite good.

Minus Points:
The acoustic in the sports hall wasn't nice to play in as it was completely dead - might work better with only partial curtaining.
You could hear the championship section players warming up in the bowls hall while you were listening to the 1st section in the sports hall (don't know if this carried to the stage or not).

I do hope that if this is a permanent venue sections will be rotated around the halls so we all get a chance to play in the theatre.

The day seemed to be sucessful over all.

Karen