RE: Tuba mouthpieces (and New Member)

Hello,

My name is Simon Jelley and I am new to the list.
I play e/b-flat bass for the Friary Guildford Brass
Band.

On the subject of tuba mouthpieces, I tend to find
a Bach 24AW works well on both E-flat and B-flat bass.
Due to lack of players from time to time I switch between
the two and don't have a real problem on either using this
mouthpiece.

I know most dedicated (real) B-flat bass players prefer
playing on a deeper/wider cupped mouthpiece e.g like the
proper B-flat bass played in Friary who uses a Wick 1L.

Cheers,

Simon Jelley,
E-flat Bass,
Friary Guildford Brass Band