Re: Brass Band Scores

Marc Crompton wrote:

> My question is: Is there a standard and what is it?

The standard nowadays seems to be:

Sop.
Solos
Rep
2nds
3rd
Flugel
Solo Horn
1st Hn
2nd Hn
1st Baritone
2nd Bt
1st Trombone
2nd Tb
Bass Tb
Euphoniums
Eb Tubas
Bb Tubas
Timpani
Percussion (On seperate staves, please :)

> I have some scores that have trombones under basses,

They will be quite old scores. Don't know the reason for that layout.
You'll also find old scores with the solo cornets on the top line,
followed by the soprano.

> others with no repiano.

These are usually Salvation Army publications, or arrangements by former
SA musicians.

> Also, when there is no flugel part does it simply play the entire rep. > part or only where it says flugel?

Only where marked "flugel" or "a2" or "both"

Hope this is useful.
Cheers,
Adrian