Re: [London Areas]

  Thanks Jeremy for your comments - I think that you sent them to me
personally so have deleted them from this reply. Having looked at some of
 the
archives of this list and seen how often your name appears I thought that
 you
might respond - I just didn't expect you to be so supportive as we though
that it was you and Melvin booing us.
  The reason we sat so far back was that some of our band are extremely u
gly
(bases excepted - we are all very pretty) and we didn't want to frighten
the
audience. Obviously this didn't work judging by their response. For your
band,
especially Paul Baker and Carl Shepherd, I can only suggest that you clos
e the
curtains.
  We were very disappointed at not qualifying for the finals, but then ag
ain,
our recent record there is pants so maybe someone else should have a go.
That's if the association don't disqualify one of the first two bands and
 let
us in ! - how were your registrations ?
  Best of luck at the finals and do let us know if you want to borrow som
jackets.

Murray Aitken
Eb Bass
Aveley and Newham Band

PS  Much as I hate to get drawn into a discussion about mouthpieces (yawn
), in
response to some of the messages about Bb bass players, I always thought
that
the only reason they used Dennis Wick "1" mouthpieces (or facepieces) was
 that
this was the highest number they could count to. Also, I know for a fact
that
the reason they prefer larger and deeper cups is because they hold more b
eer.

More than just email--Get your FREE Netscape WebMail account today at htt
p://home.netscape.com/netcenter/mail