Tenor Horn Convention

Hello there - Colin Randle calling, wherever you are.

Now hear this Tenor Horn Players!

Although a Trombone player myself, ( I did start my playing career on
Tenor Horn), I'm off to Chethams School in Manchester, ( if I can find
the place), on Sunday 21st. March, to attend the 2nd. annual Tenor Horn
Convention organized by Sue Bathgate, Alison Childs and my old colleague
from JSVB days Gordon Higginbottom, (one of the nicest blokes I've ever
met in the brass band movement).

Modern day stars of the Tenor Horn will be in attendance, (Sheona White,
William Rushworth, Melvyn Bathgate, Robert Fulcher, Kevin Wadsworth,
Stuart Pullin as well as Gordon), who will be giving playing
demonstrations throughout the day.  I understand that Sheona and Stuart
will be playing a new composition called 'Bagatelles' by Howard Snell,
(...a musical director I well remember from my Desford days).  I'm
personally delighted that Gordon has persuaded Robert Fulcher of Fodens
to play an arrangement of mine of the Allegro from the Horn Concerto No.
1 in D by Mozart.

I understand that the day kicks off around 10 am. with an introduction
from Gordon and then a mass 'blow-in' from all players in attendance -
around 65 players last year!

So, if you're interested in the Tenor Horn or it's new society, go along
and listen, if you're not too busy on '...missionary service'.

Bye for now,

Colin