Re: The Trumpets-Gilbert Vinter

Sorry, but being Gilbert's No.1 fan, I couldn't let this go without saying
something.

I asked Philip Sparke a few years ago (when Studio/Polyphonic released the
first of the two Composers series  discs featuring the Williams Fairey Band
playing Gilbert) if they were planning to record "The Trumpets" as I felt that
it was time a new recording was available on CD.

Philip said that they would love to record it, but felt that the cost of such
a venture would be too prohibitive, but they would be in a better position to
decide depending on the outcome of the sales of  discs 1 and 2, albeit they
were a little worried that they both might not sell too well.

Well, history has shown that those 2 discs went on to become massive sellers.
I have no idea what the profit margin would be, but it would be interesting to
know if it was sufficient enough to fund a new recording of this Masterpiece.
(Plus the Quartets and other arrangements done over the years)

Cheers,
Sandy