Re: Grace Notes.

Martin,

    My understanding is that grace notes are normally played before the beat
except when playing music of the classical period when it was customary to
play them on the beat.  There also a distinction often made between grace
notes with a slash through them as opposed to those with no slash.  I have
been told that a grace note with a slash os played before the beat and without
is on the beat.  This part I have not had verified so I may be way out to
lunch.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Marc Crompton