RE: Channel 4 Monday night 9pm

Clair,

I agree entirely.  They clearly weren't a brass band and as you said the
playing was awful, in fact it wasn't even that good.  I also think that the
leader of the group showed himself to be a complete nob.  As you mentioned
about commitment, he had a go at the drummer because he put his career and
girlfriend first and second and the group third.  He thought their group
should be first all the time.  I know we all get grief now and again for
spending time at band instead of at work or with girlfriends, but he was way
over the top.

The leader also took a call from the drummer who said he couldn't go because
his dad was on his deathbed and had 24 hours to live, and still asked if he
was going!!!!  Heartless bastard.

At one point though you could hear one of the trumpet players running
through the second variation of the cornet solo Hailstorm, which didn't
sound too bad.  So maybe he was a brass bander who had gone backwards by
blasting away on a trumpet.

It was also funny when they booked a dep to play drum at the England -
France game and he had never played one before.  He also asked which way up
it went!!!!!!

Shame, I was looking forward to a good programme, but it was a load of .
At least they got to meet Melinda Messenger though, so it wasn't all that
bad.

Martin.

ps. and being a LUFC supporter I don't like SWFC either!!!!