Hi everybody

Hi everybody,

Just thought I'd introduce myself as a new member of the group.  My name
is David and I play 2nd Euph with the "Loch Garman Band" which is based
in a town called Wexford in the south east corner of Ireland.

I have always loved the sound of a brass band and try to get over to
England as often as possible to hear that great sound.  My annual
pilgrimage is the British Open every year and I look forward to it again
this year.

The standard of my band would be about 2nd Section level in England
though it's Championship section in Ireland.  At the moment we're
rehearsing for our Nationals, the 2nd weekend in April.  The test piece
for it is "The Plantagenets" (Gregson), and we also play an own choice
piece (and this is really an won choice, not like in the Europeans),
"Entertainments" (Vinter).

We represented Ireland at the Europeans in 1997 at the Barbican in
London and finished 2nd in the B section as it was then called.  A great
achievement for us, as we are self taught and have no sponsorship or
anything like that.

Anyway, just a note to say hello and hope to get to know you all a bit
better.

Cheers,
David