Can I introduce myself and try again?

My name is Mary Ellen, and I am pretty much new to the list.  Everyone
ignored my first post.  I was crushed!

Perhaps I should introduce myself a little better, and try my questions
again.

I'm really new to brass banding, having played alto (tenor) horn for a
little less than a year.  Before that I played French horn in high school,
and sousaphone in the marching band at Northwestern University in the late
70's early 80's.  After a 17 year hiatus, my husband bought me an alto horn,
and signed me up to play in our band.  I am really enjoying the challenge of
brass band music in general and the alto horn in particular (especially
trying to tune the darn thing!).  I am an engineer by profession, mother of
3, married to another engineer/tuba player (and list member) Phil.

Our band, the Cuyahoga Valley Brass Band (under the direction of Dr. Keith
Wilkinson) is only 18 months old.  We're in the process of becoming a
non-profit corporation, and developing sources of funding and sponsorship.
We really need business type of advice from other bands, especially in areas
like procuring liabaility insurance and budgeting.

Any there any other bands in the US who are willing to help us with a little
advice?  What other US bands are represented on this list?  Would you be
willing to put me in touch with others in your organization who might be
willing to advise us?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mary Ellen Lathrop