Re: Hi everybody

At 19:53 23/03/99 -0000, you wrote:
>Just thought I'd introduce myself as a new member of the group.  My name
>is David and I play 2nd Euph with the "Loch Garman Band" which is based
>in a town called Wexford in the south east corner of Ireland.
I was beginning to think there were only two people from Ireland on the
list. My name is Trevor Johnston and I play second cornet in the Drogheda
Brass Band (and the national band, come to think of it). As David knows,
Drogheda and Loch Garman are both in the Championship section here, so we
have surely competed against one another on many occasions.

>The standard of my band would be about 2nd Section level in England
>though it's Championship section in Ireland.  At the moment we're
>rehearsing for our Nationals, the 2nd weekend in April.  The test piece
>for it is "The Plantagenets" (Gregson), and we also play an own choice
>piece (and this is really an won choice, not like in the Europeans),
>"Entertainments" (Vinter).
The test piece is quite good - though quite difficult. Hopefully I'll see
you up there!

Trevor Johnston
Drogheda Brass Band
http://www.socc.ie/brass