Re: Can I introduce myself and try again?

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, mlathrop wrote:

> My name is Mary Ellen, and I am pretty much new to the list.  Everyone
> ignored my first post.  I was crushed!

	I don't think I ignored you... I honestly don't recall seeing your
"first post".  Maybe it didn't make it to the mailing list?  Anyway,
welcome!

> Perhaps I should introduce myself a little better, and try my questions
> again.
 [...snip]

> Any there any other bands in the US who are willing to help us with a little
> advice?  What other US bands are represented on this list?  Would you be
> willing to put me in touch with others in your organization who might be
> willing to advise us?

	We're not in the US, but we're in North America, at least, so I
appreciate a little some of the differences brass bands over here live
with, compared to those in the UK. Examples are: dearth of some
instruments (e.g., cornets, alto horns) and people who play them, no
history or infrastructure for local or regional competitions, no local
music stores who stock music for brass band, no tradition of corporate
sponsorship for bands, etc.  If you'd like to discuss some of those
topics, please feel free to email me.