Re: City Of Coventry Band.

Colin Randle wrote:

> yes I am that Colin Randle, but I have to admit your name is > unfamiliar to me. Although I understand from other list members your > are quite a well known contributor!  What period were you in the band, > who were your colleagues and who conducted the
 band at the time - I > may know some of them.

Hi, Colin.
I first played for the band in 1993, just helping out at a London gig -
A Charlie Chester live show in the Royal Festival Hall foyer. It was
such a big buzz for me, playing for such a great band for the first
time. I also remember it vividly for your great performance of Steve
Shimwell's arrangement of "Without a Song"..... what a sound!!
I didn't actually join the band until about 1986 when Scotty finally
wore me down! Steve Shimwell was waving the stick at the time, and I
took the place of my old mate Paul (Psycho) Thomas on BBb bass when he
left to join the Coldstream Guards. (BTW, if Paul is out there, please
get in touch.)
Dave Govier was still in the top seat, Tim & Dave were still on
percussion, Ade Skelton on Solo Horn etc. where are all these guys now?
I left in 1990 to move to New Zealand (banding desert), while Ray Farr
was still conducting.
I understand the name City of Coventry (and more infuriating, the 1981
British Open kudos) has been taken up by the old Coventry School of
Music Band.
The cheek of it!

Cheers,
Adrian