Re: Can I introduce myself and try again?

Colin Randle (colin.randle@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> This tutor, and I have it beside me as I write, was written specifically
> for the Tenor Horn by a rather distinguished looking military gentleman
> named Lieut. H. E. Adkins, Mus. Bac. L.R.A.M. A.R.C.M. of Kneller Hall,
> which is surprising really as I didn't think military band used Tenor
> Horns,

Cavalry bands do use Tenor Horns when mounted instead of French Horns as the
logistics of using a French Horn on horseback are fraught to say the least!

>		      Method Of Tuning The Tenor Horn
>

>      First tune the open C natural (third space) with the tuning
>      fork,  then tune the E natural (top space) with third valve,
>      adjusting the third valve slide if necessary, withdrawing if
>      sharp and pushing in if flat - the 3rd. valve should now be in
>      tune.  Next tune open C with 2nd. and 3rd. valves adjusting
>      the 2nd. valve slide as before, if necessary.  The note G
>      (second line) should be tuned open and then with 1st. and 3nd.
>      valves adjusting the first valve slide if necessary.

This looks like the same as in the Arban. Am I right??

Matt Watts
Sent via BigAssWeb - free email service at http://www.bigassweb.com