Re: H E Adkins

In a message dated 31/03/99 08:10:11 GMT Daylight Time, colin.randle@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< You obviously have some army experience as a musician.  Tell us more -
please. >>

Very little to tell. I suppose I must accept that I am now joining the ranks
of the "wrinlkies" (only externally!!).  For the past ten years I conducted
Cosham Concert Brass in Portsmouth. I took them from the fourth section to the
second section (best achievemnt 6th place at the Finals with  'Dancing in the
Park). However I left them last November after I grew somewhat disillusioned
with the politics of bands and have taken a bit of a sabbatical. Prior to that
my military service consisted of nine years with the Royal Anglian Regiment
followed by 12 years with the band of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
Highlights during my military service must include visiting Brazil and the
Seychelles and the early broadcasts with the Sandhurst band on Radio 3's
Bandstand.

Ted Howard