Intro to me

Hi everyone.

Although I've been around for a while, I've just logged back on to the list
and realised I'd never sent any sort of intro, so here goes.
My name's Edward Dixon and I'm an 20 y-o tenor horn player from Birmingham,
UK. At the moment, I'm about to finish a Combined Studies degree course in
Music and History at Alsager, a little place in SE Cheshire.
Band wise, I've spent the vast majority of my time in Salvation Army groups
of various different types. At the moment I play, when I'm at home, with my
home corps band Birmingham Citadel. We number around aprox. 40-45 ish at
the moment and I play second Solo Horn. We're a fairly busy band with not
only our commitments on a Sunday, but we play 'away' also. This consists of
local churches, other SA centers as well as further away. For example, in a
very few Sat's time we visit the SA in Kettering, we go to Belfast for a
w/e during May, and our latest tour was to the USA over new year 1994-95
where, among other things, we participated in the Rose Bowl parade in
Pasadena.
Well, hope you've found some of this interesting. Being on this list has
certainly opened my eyes to the contesting and non SA side of banding.

Hope to send some more incomprehensible mails some time!

Regards to all,
Edd.
edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx