Re: Military Bands

colin.randle@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Did you ever get to play on any of the famous bandstands i.e.. Bournemouth,
 Eastbourne, Folkstone or Princess Street Garden in Edinburgh. >>
I managed the ones on the south coast but not Edinburgh. A week's work on the
Eatbourne bandstand opened the vista of what Saga holidays were all about!

As you may know Ken Dennison enjoyed it so much down south that he has
settled in Canterbury. I have met Ken on a number of occasions and he has
helped me with conducting and coaching a band. IMHO he is one of the true
gentlemen of the bras band world and is also the fount of inumerable stories
(and alledgedly all true!!)

Ted Howard