Re: Ernie Wedgewood

Ernie Wedgewood - now he was a cracking player so I'm told, and is
one of the nicest old boys I know - if any old friends/aquaintances
want Ernies details to get in touch with him I'm sure it would make
his day! - Ernies lives in Heckmodwike, W.Yorks. E-mail me at

Alastair_D_Hanson@xxxxxxxxx

to request his details.

>From: "Don Cooper" <Don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Physics vs Desire
>Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 20:26:28 +0100
>
>Nigel Stobbs wrote
>
>>  . . . .  a grizzled old Soprano player
>> suggesting that one ought to suspend one's cornet from a rafter,
make
>> contact with the instrument by using the lips only, then  try
producing
>> decent notes with the minimal amount of lip pressure which the
laws of
>> physics will allow. . . . .
>
>Was the sop player in question Ernie Wedgewood??  He conducted a
band I once
>played in and he handed out similar advice to all players.
>

>Don
>

>--
>njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For information about this list, including
how to