Re: Physics vs Desire

NOT AT ALL!

Actually, if you are ever to play effectively in the octaves from "high C"
(C3) to C4, and above, it is absolutely essential that you remove the
excessive mouthpiece pressure!!! Once you get the feeling - there is nothing
like it!  It is NOT necessary to hang your cornet from a string - (grin!)

Please visit my website at:

http://www.BFLATMUSIC.com

See especially, "Sail The Seven C's" and "Tips for Trumpeters".

There is MUCH info here, regarding precisely the questions you are posing. My
teacher, William Best, a transplanted Yorkshire Man, introduced the concept to
his students many years ago.

I also have quite a bit of email info. which will help you get started with
the "reduced mouthpiece pressure" embouchure. I'd be delighted to email these
items to any list member. Just let me know!!

Keep 'Em Flyimg!

Clyde Hunt

PS - don't forget to bring REALAUDIO - "hearing is believing"!