Re: Alec Gallagher & 'futile' contests.

Hey, go easy on him man!. Alec's baritone playing with the world
famous Young Ambassadors Band is known as being "Extraordinaire", Dave
McKay of the much less known and singularly unsuccessful Ever Ready
Band (give or take local contest's) however is unknown. I only know of
two great tuba players to come out of the Ever Ready band, Colin
Dixon, who I saw in a Dyke rehearsal on one of my many visits to
England in the early 80's and Dave Nesbit who is a regular soloist
this side of the Atlantic.

Have a nice day!