Re: Physics vs Desire

This method is pretty much out of favour with teachers now as it is
recognized that some pressure is needed to create a seal. Basically what
you are doing is free buzzing the lips and getting close enough to make
the horn resonate. The other side of course is that all teachers try to
have their students minimize pressure by thinking of the note being
created by the air column and by some use of mouthpiece buzzing in
practice.

I do not believe it was ever more than just a trick.

Dave Buckley.