Re: Flugelhorn - what should it sound like etc.

     I think that the Flugel should sound more like a horn than cornet as
     the instrument is a Flugel HORN.  However, the player should be quite
     versatile as some parts require the player to play with the horns and
     on other occassions sound like a cornet.

     Janet Lewis
     Flugel Horn
     Besses o' th' Barn Band

 Some players make it sound like a large cornet while others produce a
darker richer sound which I find more appropriate for the soprano member
of the Saxhorn group. How much of this is instrument..... how much player
perception and technique?

I know there are several other flugel players on the list and I would
appreciate hearing their opinions.

Mike Garbett