Re: A Short Introduction -Reply -Reply

Well, we'll have to agree to differ on this, I think. My brain tells me you've
got a point, but some less-logical bits of me (no, not those bits! :-) remain
rather impressed with Dyke for doing what they did.

Wantage didn't do too badly in the L&SC Regional contest this year. We came 8th
out of 16 (or 15 who played) in the 2nd section, which is better than last year.
However, the mathematics of the thing puts us in a rather vulnerable position
for next year - near the bottom of the table - so we have some pulling up of
socks to do! I think we're on the right track now though...

Martin Taylor
Bb Bass, Wantage Silver

>>> William Dee <wpdee@xxxxxx> Apr 11, 1999  9:05 pm >>>
I have to agree with David on this one. While I understand Black Dyke's
decision, they passed up the PR opportunity of a  lifetime for both themselves
and the brass band movement worldwide. Perhaps they could have postponed until a
later date (think of the publicity that concert would have got by then!), or
even donated their fee after expenses for the night to the charity. I normally
wouldn't agree with a band defaulting on it's commitments, but this was a very
exceptional circumstance, and I'm sure they would have been forgiven.

By the way, how did you get on at the nationals?

William Dee
Dungarvan Brass Band