Re: Alec Gallagher/Contests/Boyzone/EverReady

Dave,
> Am I correct in assuming that you have played for ou band recently in
> a concert?
> Rest assured, if i'm thinking of the player that I think you are, you'll not
> be playing again for us!!   We have actually signed a former member
> of Boyzone to play bass trompbone and he is a better player than
> you!!!!!!  Never mind, you might progress yet!!

Yes, I played in two concerts in Stanley in February. I might hold
you to that when the phone rings next time by the way! Who have you
signed to play for the masters and the shield ?

Also, John Carter said :
 >Hey, go easy on him man!. Alec's baritone playing with the world
>famous Young Ambassadors Band is known as being "Extraordinaire",
>Dave McKay of the much less known and singularly unsuccessful Ever
>Ready Band (give or take local contest's) however is unknown.

Coming to Dave's defence here (despite derogatory remarks he makes
about me!) he is also a very fine player but is just a bit outspoken
now and then. Also, Ever Ready are a superb band and are fairly high
profile (as much as you can be without being in Yorkshire or the
North West). Didn't they finish very high up in the nationals two
years ago? I think they'll be on Listen to the Band soon so people
can make their own minds up!
John
John Ingman
b.a.ingman@xxxxxxxxx