Re: Yet more comment on contest/non contesting bands

just to add to steve's comments (which are copied below this posting    sorry
nigel)

i have (if you list members have been paying attention) the privilidge to
stand in front of two bands on sat 17th april who will be taking part in a
massed band concert at ripley in debyshire (see steves "adverts")

one is my own band (Riddings) and the other is Melbourne Town Band (steve's
band)  Riddings contest Melbourne do not contest

so i feel (at this moment) having rehearsed both sets of players, able to
comment on the differences between the two bands

it is very simple	there are no differences at all.

both bands are made up of people who play a brass instrument for the love of
it (a hobby if you will)  both sets of players are equally keen to play to
the best of their abilities and both bands are always wanting to improve
their standard of performance.

nuff said

john davis

ps  we would love it if some list members could be there to support us in our
music making  if you do  please come up and say  Hi