RE: test pieces (training/4th section)

On 11 Apr, Pat Williams <patw21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm involved in training a young band, and I'm currently having great
> difficulty finding suitable test pieces.

Heidi Worth wrote........

> Well we have played First Suite in Eb - Holst ... we are a
> fourth section
> band.

First Suite in Eb was the first contest piece I ever played (on 3rd
cornet as a 10 year old). Other pieces that I can remember playing in
the 4th section are:

4 Little Maids
Stantonbury Festival (set piece for 4th section around 1989/90??)
Rhapsody on Negro Spirituals (Eric Ball)
Scenes From a Comedy (set area piece for 4th section 1998)
English Folk Song Suite

Sorry - not much of a help on the author front (not the best at
remembering things like that!)

Hope this helps...................

Alistair

Alistair Richards