Re: Congratulations to new Irish champions

At 19:32 11/04/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Congratulations to Drogheda Brass Band who are the new Irish Champions
>following today's Irish Nationals in Dublin.
>
>My own band "Loch Garman Band" came joint second with Arklow Silver
>Band.  Better luck next year maybe...
Thanks very much David; we all thought personally that it was quite close
between ourselves, yourselves and Arklow, but obviously the adjudicator
thought different when he awarded us no less than an eight point margin.
Having aimed to win the competition for the past two years, there was a lot
celebration when we got back home...

Anyway, as I said we all thought it was close, so well done to the other
bands in the section and commiserations for that tie for second place.
Having come in second place for the last two years, I think the only thing
worse than being placed second would be to have to share it.

>Looking forward to seeing Drogheda in the Europeans in Birmingham next
>year, I'll be there in the audience to cheer you on lads!
With any luck!

Trevor Johnston
Drogheda Brass Band
http://www.socc.ie/brass