RE: test pieces (training/4th section)

> Also, New Buckenham Suite (complete with animal noises - very fun !)

A lot of people didn't like the piece because of this. I thought it a
novel idea that needs congratulations. It is refreshing to see a composer who
does not feel constrained by conventional ideas and indeed should be fun.
Unfortunately apart from this the music itself is very second rate, and comes
across like a GCSE set piece in it's formulaic approach and annoying overuse
of devices such as sequences (reminds me of this year's 2nd section test piece
in that fact).  Pity really, but because of this I can't really endorse your
recommendation.

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor, Typesetter.
Owner of the brass band group of the Internet. ICQ#20252325