Re: Recording - Arghhh!!

Can anybody give me a bit of advice about making a CD recording of my
band (Pangbourne).
Specifically, I would like to know:-

Roughly how much it costs?

Can the recording engineer come to the band or does it always
happen that the band goes to a studio? Pros and cons of either
option?

How long does it take (I see from Heidi's message that it took most
of the weekend - is this the norm?)

How do bands (other than Black Dyke, Grimethorpe etc) market them -
is it financially viable for a lower section band to make a
recording?

and any other information / advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks in anticipation!
Best wishes
Dave