Re: Registration - to be or not to be

Hi there

The trouble with the areas etc, is that you are competing against the best
bands in your area for a place at London, and you are all playing the same
piece.

However, the areas use different judges and they all have different ideas
about what they are looking for. It comes down to personal taste.

Take the yorkshire area, Black Dyke were competing as usual amongst the
cream of yorkshire's band and there can only be one winner!! This year it
was the turn of Carlton Main. Having listened to most bands at this area, I
picked out my winners. I have to say  mine were different to the judge. But
although Black Dyke played well they were not in my top 4 bands, I thought
they lossed clarity on the fast sections. But thats my opinion. I'm sure if
you heard them play at a concert you would have been impressed. I would
have been too.

Thats the trouble with contesting, not every interpretation is favourable.
Which is why its great to play music like Blitz in concerts just for the
enjoyment of playing it.

Sam