Re: Riddings & MTB Massed Bands Concert (wrong place)

Steve
Thanks for posting this invite.
I came with two friends from Loxley band and we had a great time. Our
band has played several of the pieces that Melbourne Town Band played,
which I find adds to my enjoyment in listening to them. Lustspiel in
particular I just about know by heart.
I am sorry I didn't get to meet you, blame the long toilet queues for
the ladies, the break was just about over by the time I got out.
Was it your son who played the trombone solo Acrobat? I thought it went
very well.
As usual Riddings band played some great pieces. Thanks John for playing
your arrangement of Saint Saens organ symphony which I enjoyed as much
this time as the first time I heard it, your arrangement of the Marriage
of Figaro caught my ear today as being something special.
It was also nice to see the children in the Riddings B band playing with
such enthusiasm, and I am sure that both they and Melbourne town band
players will have benefited from playing in the massed band together
with Riddings "A". I think these joint concerts are an excellent idea,
(maybe a nice higher section band would like to have one with us)

--
Hilary Mateer

Loxley Silver band