RE: Changing from Bb-cornet to Eb-cornet

Hi Trond,

I went from Bb to Eb cornet just over 3 years ago and had the same dilemma.
I used to play Bb cornet on a McCann mouthpiece years ago and then moved
onto a Yamaha 16e (which you get with a Yamaha Maestro cornet) and they are
very similar.  I now play on a Schilke sop and use a Schilke mouthpiece.  I
started on a Schilke 10b4c but now play on a Schilke 9b4c.  I found the
transition from Bb to the Schilke Eb mouthpiece relatively straight forward.
I also know that a previous B&R sop player (Andrew Bannister) used a 10b4c
Schilke mouthpiece with a Schilke sop.

If you ask anyone sop player what to get though, they will all tell you to
get a mouthpiece that suits you rather than get what everyone else plays on.
But the Schilke mouthpieces are good and have worked for me.  I've never
tried any other make so can't comment on others.

Martin.
Sop - B&R