Re: Black Dyke Rumours

In a message dated 4/21/99 10:53:48 AM GMT Daylight Time,
monkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Blimey - that's pretty good goss Lisa!!! Is it due to women joining the
band?
 Any news on replacements for them?

 Monkey

I have also heard that it IS due to women joining the band, and that the
players who have left
disagreed with them being allowed to join.
Mr Watson ( apparently/allegedly) asked them to leave, as under the
conditions of the Arts Council
of England when granting National Lottery funding, bands must comply with
Equal Opportunities for All.
That's what I have heard, and until someone from the Dyke tells us otherwise,
that is what I believe.
Tony