Moving around in banding - was Re: Black Dyke Rumours

List,

since some of the Dyke people are on the list I think it's up to them to inform
us about the moved at Dyke, if they want, and meanwhile I guess quite some people
know what's happening at Dyke. Still I feel a band of their standard and well
known throughout the world, should react with an official press-release as they
did before.
Just to refer to other mails and to prevent false stories I've been well
informed:
1. not just 3 players 'left' but about 10 over some weeks/months (true?). Apart
from the 3 already mentioned, eg Phil Shaw (assistant principal) is going to YBS.

2. there seems to be indeed a policy about bringing women into Dyke relied to the
National Lottery funding. But that's of course not the reason those people leave.
Indeed, as long as they are good players why should they. Should anybody have a
problem with the current female sop from Rothwell?
3. The reasons are different:
3a.we know bands like Dyke move to the southcoast at saturday and play in
Scotland on the sunday, give concerts on a wednesday and so on. It seems like a
job, after a while you give up.
3b. People are fed up with different situations, some most of the time personal.
3c. And as always and everywhere... money. Fill in yourself.

But it's not only happening at Dyke of course! So let's not shoot Dyke.

What is to me more interesting than inspecting Dyke is what happens with the
people who are replaced by those leaving players.Indeed, as Samantha writes, what
about the John Doyle who's replaced by Kevin Crockford at Fairey? And what with
the player at YBS, JJB and what with all those others?

Bands tend to take and sack players as if it's nothing in their non-stopping urge
to 'improve'.As long as it's filling empty seats, OK to me, but...
Bands ask people to be reliable to the band (and some aren't), but vice-versa?? I
know it's not different from sports but still.

Good luck to all the players coming weekend at Munich. Belgium is curious if
Midden-Brabant can be the second Belgian band that takes the European crown.
They play Revelation: brave choice at this level!

Enjoy banding.
Regards,
Edy