Re: scarborough contest

> Well done to harogate band at the weekend.

Thanks!

> I hope they were not the only
> band in the section (like last year).

No the first section proved quite a contest - although we were
delighted to 'clean up'.  We didn't feel that we had given our best
on the day.

> I'm afraid the premier section wasnt much better
> Driglington 1st in hymn tune, march and test piece
> South Yorkshire Police Band 2nd in all above
> York Railway Institute 3rd in all above
> Kirby lonsdale withdrew

Kirkbymoorside withdrew.

> Poor turnout and no trade stands.

Pegasus music were there but trade was very slack - its hardly
surprising that traders stay away if the bands don't spend any
money...

>  Other than the social scene, whats the point?

Good music? Good playing?