Re: Any `old` Bands out there ?

>From Kirkby Lonsdale Brass Band - Cumbria (or Old Westmorland if you are that
way inclined)

We believe ourselves to be one of the oldest bands in the country - The
earliest accounts of the band record a performance for the Coronation of King
George 1V in 1821.

We have just started our own website (which is still under construction) and
this can be visited on  http://members.aol.com/klbband/KLBBAND.html until I
am happier with the content and register under a proper domain name. Any
thoughts or constructive criticism are gratefully received.

There must be some really old bands out there - let's try and find the oldest!

Best regards
Simon Harrison
Contest Secretary and 1st Baritone player (not at all extraordinare)