Re: moving around in banding

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Leggat <

>, one left
>a top class band when his own wife joined!

I can relate to that :O)

having said that and without wishing to sound sexist, I have joined at least
two bands BEACAUSE of the female content, I met my other half when I joined
the Desford B band in 1993 and were still together and have moved to 3 other
bands TOGETHER.

 Most of the bands I have signed with are definatley not top rank bands ,
but one thing they all had in common was the amount of family members
playing or helping within the organisations, sometimes as many as 5 from the
same family, lets face it, you can't have a family without women :O)

      is this yet another difference between te so called elite bands and
the middling (and more fun) lesser know bands?

if so, I'm glad I'm where I'm at.

M Tarry
Sop@
 - Ratby Co-op (currently at least 50% female band)