Re: Introduction and Comments

Hi Donna,

I totally agree, there is no just reason why women should not play in bands,
after all we are entering the 21st century, I find also that women seem to
be more dedicated when they join than men, and your right, silence in the
face of such sexist remarks is the same as condoning, so I for one am
condemning such remarks publically.

David Clancy

Hello.

My name is Donna Lafferty, and I've been "lurking" on the mailing list
since I got my new computer at Christmas.  All this talk about whether
women should be included in banding has forced me to come out and
declare my existence.  I feel that if you don't take a stand against
discrimination (in any form) you are, by default, in tacit support of
it.  I wouldn't dream of letting someone make racist remarks in my
presence, and I am certainly not going to let this anti-woman thing get
by without comment.