Re: Australian National Results

Ron Grice wrote:

> Well Bruce having just got home after the Nationals and read the mail (or lack
> of it) on the contest I will add my dollars worth ,I'm not known as a" lurker"
> and I was surprised by your criticisim of the lack of comment about your brother
> and Hawthorns win.  Could it be that having heard the performance by Hawthorn of
> the test people were gob smacked by the marks given to a performance that had so
> many points to detract from it.

I have to agree Ron. I heard the 'test' and it didn't do much for me but that's
contesting!!

> ......Now this does not say that they
> were'nt the best of the    bunch but don't expect people to throw praise about a
> decision they might not have agreed with.Whoever wins a contest, they are the
> only band that are happy.

How true!!!!! Always one happy band and many not so happy!!

> Why talk about an unknown "Salvo boy" Whats so
> special?  Barrie Gott, Howard Taylor and myself were unknown in contest
> circles,now we all conduct the top bands in our states and country  also look at
> the stats for the last five years and you will see that Willoughby and not
> Hawthorn have been the most consistent performing band in the country.

Good point Ron.

>  Our thanks to Monkey for carrying our banner ,but in case you think he's
> changed, hanging from his belt was his mobile phone and I'm sure the local
> watering holes were on speed dial in case he was overcome by the exercise and
> needed a quick pint or two!!!!!!!

Too right - we went upstairs at one of the establishments to view the other bands as
they were coming down the street. (A much better position than carrying the flag!) I
made up for some lost time in there!!!!

Monkey