Official- James Watson on Black Dyke

I am not a subscriber to this list. However, I have been aware of some
concern with regard to the perceived new recruitment policy at Black Dyke. I
have asked my good friend and colleague, Robert Childs to post the following
statement:

Kevin Crockford and Lee Rigg are no longer members of the band. Both players
had become unhappy and this was in turn leading to a feeling of unease within
the general membership. I invited Kevin and Lee to leave the band, believing
they would be happier and more comfortable in a different environment. The
meetings with both players were amicable.
I announced their departure before the rehearsal that night. The general
feeling was one of genuine sadness, as both players had contributed a great
deal to Black Dyke over the years.
During the next four days Graham Williams, Mick Green Robert Blackburn and
David Altham resigned their positions.
We were saddened by the departure of these players, particularly Kevin
Crockford for whom I have always had the utmost regard as both a player and a
friend.

Black Dyke has a very busy schedule. This can be witnessed by visiting our
website. We appreciate the necessity to fill these vacancies, but time is on
our side and we will make the right moves at the right time. The morale of
the players is very good and the atmosphere in rehearsals is very positive.
This is a new beginning for Black Dyke.
The band, and myself are extremely flattered by the interest shown by the
contributors of this conference believing most to be genuine band
enthusiasts.
This is an honest and sincere report of the happenings at Queensbury over the
last two weeks.
I would encourage all bands people to read the following poem written for
Black Dyke and pertinent to all. No person is bigger than the band.

THE INDESPENSIBLE MAN (PERSON)

Sometime when you're feeling important,
Sometime when your ego's in bloom,
Sometime when you take it for granted
You're the best qualified in the room;
Sometime when you feel that your going
Would leave an infallible hole,
You follow the simple instructions,
And see how they humble your soul.
Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist;
Pull it out, and the hole that's remaining
Is the measure of how you'll be missed.
You can splash all you want when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore;
But stop . . . and you'll find that in no time
It looks quite the same as before.
The moral of this quaint example
Is do just the best that you can;
Be proud of yourself, but remember. . .