Re: Down :((

In a message dated 25/04/99 22:38:53 GMT Daylight Time, mayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< I'm feeling totally devastated by what has happened, afteral I am still not
 totally sure of what happened - I was basically told I was being replaced -
 in full view of the band, after a long practise ..
 Unfortunately, due to my location in the far south west of Cornwall, and
 being that I'm not an excellent player, I am now basically defunct, unless
 I join a band that is really struggling, and when you have played in an up
 and comming band doing well, going to a non-contesting local village band
 doesn't really appeal :((

 I may change my mind, but at the moment I can't even bear to listen to a
 band on a CD :(((((( >>

As a fellow fairly recent recipient of the order of the boot I know exactly
how you feel. What I have found in the last year, however, is that there are,
in this movement, far more good people and good bands than bad 'hiring and
firing' ones. You will be able to raise a smile the next time your old
'improved' band get a particularly duff result at a contest. More
importantly, however, I am sure that you will find a band with a more rounded
set of priorities who are, in fact, far more fun to be with.

Martyn Pattinson
Bedrock Brass