Re: European Championship results

Anyone has comments on the performances at the European Championship? When
I look at the results, 2 bands seem to produce some inconsistency, when the
own choice is compared to the test-piece:

>4.Brighouse & Rastrick Band
>    Alan Withington  England
>    184  96  88    Variations on an Enigma  Philip Sparke
>6.CWS (Glasgow) Band
>    Howard Snell  Scotland
>    183  87  96    Masquerade  Philip Wilby

As often happens on a two piece contest, some of the best performances of
the day don't result in a good ranking ... (I'm not complaining, 'cause
this is part of the reason why we (=Willebroek) became champ's in 92 (or
was it 93?). Do the above inconsistent results match the actual
performances of the bands, or were they a bit "unexpected"?

Stef