Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:43:51 GMT
From: Ted Zateslo <zateslo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Admin: html & attachments
To: brass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brass list members:
I lot of people are now using Microsoft Outlook and other mail
programs which, by default, produce both plain text (ASCII) and
html (Web-formatted) output, and in many cases various kinds
of binary attachments.  These additional non-text things make
messages to the list very difficult and/or annoying to read for
those who don't use a fancy mail program.  Please remember that
not everyone uses the same gussied-up mail program you use, and
that messages to any mailing list, including the brass list,
should be text-only, without html or binaries included.

You haven't seen these things in messages from the brass list because
I've been editing them out before sending them out, but I can't
keep doing this forever. [I don't have the time to do the same
on the brass-band list - NJH]

If you aren't sure if your program does these things, send me
a test message (to zateslo@xxxxxxxxxxx) and I'll let you know. [In
this case send to me, not Ted - NJH]

Ted Zateslo, brass list keeper