Black Dyke / Women in brass bands

I have been interested to read all the postings from the various members/ex-members of Black Dyke. Things like this happen from time to time in all bands and often work out for the best for all concerned.

I am, however, disappointed as a regular attender of concerts that I have paid for tickets to hear Black Dyke play the Planets in full at Bury in May expecting to hear the the band we all know and now I am likely to get a band with many new and stand in p
layers who don't know the piece as well as the band I was expecting. I have to say I feel a little cheated.

Women in Bands - controversial statement about to be made.

As a women in a brass band I feel that I understand why bands choose to be men only and it is nothing to do with the competance of the players.
Women can be a real pain fussing about what they are going to wear and the colour of their tights more than their playing. Having whole families can also cause unnecessary friction too.
Many women don't want to be treated equally these days they want to be treated as special cases. The formation of womens societies and take your daughter to work days in UK companies are signs of positive descrimination. If there were mens societies etc.
the women would complain about being excluded but men are just expected to put up with it.
We all have a right to choose who we spend our time with and if this is a single sex environment so be it.
Would any women players out there wish to play somewhere they are not welcome just to make a point? I wouldn't.
There are many top bands who do have women players (YBS, CWS, JJB etc.) so aspire to play with them.

Karen Robinson