Re: Black Dyke / Women in brass bands / Bus

* karen.m.robinson@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Women can be a real pain fussing about what they are going to wear and the
colour of their tights more than their playing. *

Crikeys, and I thought we wore a uniform like everyone else in the band.
Perhaps things are different over there.

* Monkey wrote:
Sorry Carol - that is very true and rightly so!!!! Do Aussie organisations
such
as AFL teams (That's Aussie Rules Football for non Aussies) and NRL (that's
National Rugby League) let friends and family travel around with then on the
bus? *

And regarding that - I think we need to bear in mind that is PROFESSIONAL -
this is a PAST-TIME !

Being that this whole thread really is an "English thing" regarding
attitudes over there and due to the lack of response from the male list
members over here, apart from you of course, but you are harking back to the
"good ol' days in England" - I think we are way way ahead of the game, and
good on us for being like that.

That's it from me on the subject for real this time.

Carol