East Anglian Championships & Fodens Concert

I would like thank Brian Hastings and the committee of the East Anglian
Brass Band Association for once again organising a very successful spring
festival.  For the second year running, new works were commissioned for
the the contest.

Congratulations to all the winning band, particularly myy colleagues at
Great Yarmouth Brass for winning Championship section.  Particular mention
must go to our conductor, Marilyn Zipfel for all her hard work.

The evening concert by Fodens was once again outstanding -I never tire of
listening to their performances.  We were treated to some excellent
playing by the whole band, but particular mention must go to the soloists.
It was an unexpected pleasure to hear Bob Childs playing Carnival de
Venice.

It was good to hear Fodens playing "Exploding Brass" by Goff Richards.
This is a piece specially commissioned by Taverham Band (a Norfolk band)
to comemorate one of their aniversaries (25th I think?).

Hopefully, Fodens will be back in Norwich before too long (the landlord of
the St. Andrews Tavern would like you back every week).

Stephen Whelan
Solo Horn Great Yarmouth Brass